I ran across this problem while upgrading Joomla 1.5 to 1.6. I spent hours trying to figure out why jUpgrade wouldn't work. I enabled and disabled every plugin to try to find what was conflicting with jUpgrade. It turns out that jUpgrade simply doesn't work with Google Chrome. I switched to Firefox and voila, no problems. I thought I'd put this note for Google to cache and hopefully save someone else the trouble I experienced.
It seems to work now, with current versions of Chrome and jUpgrade. I recently upgraded two Joomla 1.5 websites to 2.5, using jUpgrade 2.5.1 and Chrome on Mac OS X.ReplyDelete
I have had problems at times with Joomla 2.5 and Chrome, such as admin menus that don't always work. The problems come and go, and temporarily switching to Firefox is a workaround.